With a sensible approach to tooth brushing and diet, children can maintain a set of teeth free from dental disease. Regular check-ups allow your child to feel confident at the dentist and be involved, interested in the health of their teeth, and grow up free from dental disease. It is important to remember that your child’s perception of the dentist at a young age will influence their feelings towards the dentist for the rest of their lives. It is very important that you use happy words when talking to your child about the dentist.
What can I do for my child?
We strongly believe that prevention is better than cure and so to maintain the beautiful and healthy smile of your child, we offer a number of services.
- Regular check-ups – with regular visits your child will feel confident coming to the dentist and we will be able to detect dental disease early and act appropriately to keep the intervention to a minimum.
- Application of fluoride varnish – this is done to harden the enamel of your child’s tooth to make it more resistant to dental disease.
- Fissure sealants – fissure sealants are applied to teeth with deep groves to prevent food getting stuck in them. This makes teeth easier to clean and also helps to prevent decay.
- Oral health education and dietary advice – cleaning advice from a young age is the most important dental advice your child can be given as it will help to avoid future dental problems.
- Mouthguards – we recommend that your child wears a sports mouthguard and supply custom-made sports mouthguards in a range of fun and vibrant colours.
To find out more about dental care for children, or to book an appointment at Sharrow Vale Dental Care, call 0114 2686076, email firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a message using our online contact form.