Unfortunately, over time, teeth can naturally become stained and discoloured. There are a number of factors that can speed up the process and these include smoking tobacco and drinking tea, coffee and red wine, and eating dyed foods. Tooth whitening is a highly effective way of lightening the natural colour of your teeth without removing any of the tooth surface. It cannot make a complete colour change, but it should lighten the existing shade.
Why would I whiten my teeth?
Whether you are self conscious about discolouring teeth, getting married, have a milestone birthday approaching or simply fancy treating yourself to something special, you should consider tooth whitening.
Tooth whitening treatments are designed to improve the colour of your natural teeth without having to resort to invasive dentistry such as fillings, veneers or crowns. The process is entirely safe, carried out in the convenience of your own home, and the colour change is long lasting. Our home tray whitening is more predicatable and effective than over-the-counter whitening systems. You will have peace of mind knowing that your whitening procedure is being carried out safely under dental professional supervision.
What does tooth whitening involve?
- Impressions are taken of your mouth at Sharrow Vale Dental Care. These impressions are then sent to a laboratory and custom-trays (soft plastic mouth guards) are made.
- We fit your custom made bleaching trays for both your upper and lower teeth. They are specially designed to hold the bleaching gel in the right place over your teeth. You will be given full instructions on how to use your kit.
- You use the gel and tray for 1 hour each day over a 10 – 14 day period.
- The gel gradually improves the colour of your teeth day by day.
- We review your beautiful new white smile.
What about any fillings I already have?
Dental fillings and crowns are not affected by whitening and their colour will not be changed. For this reason as your teeth lighten any dark or unsightly fillings will become more obvious and you may want to discuss with your dentist replacing these.
Please click here to view our whitening leaflet
To find out more about tooth whitening, or to book an appointment at Sharrow Vale Dental Care, call 0114 2686076, email email@example.com or send us a message using our online contact form.